Posted on Tuesday January 12, 2021 at 8:56 am by James Romoser
The court will hear the argument at 10 a.m. in the free speech case asking whether the government can make a lawsuit moot by ending an unconstitutional policy after the lawsuit has been filed, even if the plaintiff is seeking a token amount of monetary damages – such as 1 Dollar – based on the constitutional violations that occurred while the policy was still in place. Our preview from Uzwigpunam vs. Prshowski is being Here.
Here’s a brief roundup of news and commentary about the Supreme Court from around the web:
- The court says that Chief Justice John Roberts received two doses of the Covid vaccine (Joan Biscoubek, CNN)
- My college tried to stop me from talking about religion. Now, we’ll meet at the Supreme Court. (Cheek Uzwigpunam, Washington Post)
- The Supreme Court rejects Trump’s petition to speed up election appeals (Jess Braven, The Wall Street Journal)
- The US Supreme Court is avoiding election-related disputes (Lawrence Hurley, Reuters)
- The Supreme Court rejects an offer for a universal vote by mail in Texas (Gregg Store, Bloomberg)
- Supreme Court to address responsibility for additional funding at the Guam landfill (Sylvia Karinian, Bloomberg Law)
- The infographic is turned on Uzwigpunam vs. Prshowski (Maryam mentor low law)
- Preview Uzwigpunam vs. Prshowski (Daniel Pillar and Julia Mikulajczak, Cornell Legal Information Institute)
We depend on our readers to send us links for our report. If you have or are aware of an article, post, podcast or editorial (published in the last two or three days) related to the Supreme Court and would like us to consider including it, please send it to roundup @ scotusblog .com. Thank you!
Scotus Blog (January 12, 2021, 8:56 am), https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/01/tuesday-round-up-564/