A South Florida attorney, who worked for Greenberg Traurig, has been arrested for several bank robberies. This would make an amazing plot for the sequel to Breaking point. [Miami Herald]
* A Sacramento judge refused to force the California Republican Party to disclose information about the controversial ballot box program [Los Angeles Times]
* A court rejected a lawsuit filed by one of Michael Jackson’s defendants, arguing that the late singer’s companies do not owe the plaintiff the duty of care. [Yahoo News]
* The home of a lawyer representing a group seeking to get homeless people out of New York City hotel rooms has been vandalized. [New York Post]
* A defamation case against President Trump has been sidelined because a lawyer decided to discuss a matter that was transferred from outside the country and was denied entry to the courtroom. [USA Today]
* A New Jersey lawyer facing ethics complaints blamed his wife for not attending a critical asylum hearing. This lawyer is playing with fire … [New Jersey Law Journal]
Jordan Rothman is a partner Rothman Law Firm, A full-service law firm in New York and New Jersey. He is also a founder Student Debt Diary, Which is a website that discusses how to pay off student loans. You can reach Jordan via email at email@example.com.